Emma joined the N.C. Center for Health and Wellness in 2016 as the Evaluation and Communications Coordinator and now serves as the Director of Partnerships and Evaluation. She leads the Culture of Results Initiative, providing training and technical assistance to health departments, hospitals, coalitions and community organizations across the state to help them measure their impact, improve over time, and effectively communicate their results. She currently volunteers with the YWCA of Asheville.
Previously, Emma was a clinical social worker and health specialist at an early childhood center and an outpatient mental health clinic in New York City. Emma also has a decade of experience directing the development and evaluation efforts of a wide range of health, education and social service nonprofits. In this capacity, she was responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of extensive and varied programs focused on health, mental health, economic empowerment, education, and other social determinants.
Emma has traveled to over 30 countries to work, volunteer, learn and explore.
- BA – Rhetoric, University of California, Berkeley - 2007
- MSW & MHP – Clincial Social Work & Global Health Leadership, New York University - 2015
- National Association of Social Workers and the American Public Health Association—Member
- Invest Health Asheville—Principle Investigator and Member
- WNC Healthy Impact—Steering Committee Member
- Buncombe County Community Improvement Process—Advisory Committee Member
- Buncombe County Adverse Childhood Experiences Collaborative—Member
- Mothering Asheville—Steering Committee Member
- Buncombe County Painkiller Taskforce—Member
- Western North Carolina Pathways for Nonprofit Leadership Program—Alumni
- UNC Asheville Healthy Campus Initiative—Member