Nicolle Miller joined the UNC Asheville community in October 2016 as the Director of State and Community Collaborations of the N.C. Center for Health & Wellness (NCCHW). Prior to this role, Nicolle worked for the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Aging and Adult Services as an Aging Specialist. During her 5 years in North Carolina state government, Nicolle’s work centered on healthy aging initiatives, including evidence-based health programs, nutrition services, grant writing, social services business planning, and the administration of federal and state funds.
Nicolle brings to UNC-Asheville a variety of experiences leading public health initiatives across the lifespan and among diverse populations. In addition to her professional experiences, Nicolle contributed to efforts that improved health among populations during her academic tenure in communities including: rural Appalachia; rural and urban Latino cities in the United States and abroad; and a refugee neighborhood in Vermont.
At UNC Asheville, Nicolle brings her skills as a Registered Dietitian, health education specialist, collaborator and leader to the campus, local, regional, and state community.
In her free time, Nicolle enjoys playing soccer competitively and being active outdoors with her family. Her personal efforts for herself and her family center around the Latin phrase “Mens sana in corpore sano,” which translates to “a healthy mind in a healthy body.
- BS – Dietetics and Nutritional Food Sciences, minor in Spanish, University of Vermont
- MS – Public Health Nutrition, University of Tennessee-Knoxville (dual degree)
- MPH – Community Health Education, University of Tennessee-Knoxville (dual degree)"
- NC Accountable Care Communities Task Force—Member
- NC Diabetes Advisory Council—Member
- NC Falls Prevention Coalition—Steering Committee Member
- NC Rural Health Leadership Alliance—Member
- Eat Smart Move More NC Leadership Team—Member
- North Carolina and Raleigh Dietetic Association—Member
- Chronic Disease Self Management Program (CDSMP)—Master Trainer
- A Matter of Balance—Master Trainer